Friday 3 July 2009

Transformers (2007)


Dir: Michael Bay
Starring: Shia Labeouf, Megan the Fox

The Narry Borman was skeptical about this film, mainly cos of Michael Bay's involvement. Also, because it was taking a Japanese franchise to America. Also, because Optimus and I are old enemies.

Transformers is, however, a really fun film. Instead of gung-ho soldiers taking on robots, Transformers juxtaposes the story of the fate of the earth with the life of a suburban kid. It makes for surprisingly fun film that is thankfully lacking in cheese. In fact, there are only two cringe moments - Megan Fox stopping the action to say something like'whatever happens, I'll always love you for your range of novelty tees', or some awful line. And I've forgotten the other one.

Making up for that moment of rankness is George Bush's cameo - 'could you wrangle me up a couple of ding dongs?'. They don't write scripts like that anymore.

I watched this on blu-ray and it was visually stunning. Prime's face was quite spectacular, terrifying and respectable at the same time.

I never thought this would appear on Narry Borman, but... well done Micheal Bay.

Rating: Top Work!

No comments:

Post a Comment